I lead a stressful life. For six years now, I've been a single mom, a student, and an employee. A full time student, a full time employee, a full time mom. My son is always first priority, and school work related to times (usually) when he is busy with school or playing outside, or asleep. I'm two weeks away from graduation. IF my final doesn't tank my grade. I'm making a C right now, and let me tell you, that pisses me off. I work hard on my assignments. No matter how tired I am or how I feel, I get my work done. This professor is harsh. Extremely harsh. Example? Sure, "APA format allows for first person, but I prefer third person" ~ so I lose points for any first person reference, EVEN THOUGH it is allowed in the format. That's harsh. And crazy. And makes me say dirty words. My final is a complete business plan for a fictitious business, with me as the owner. I find it challenging to write about a business I "own" from a third party perspective. This final is 20 pages long. Yup. 20 pages. That is a LOT of room for nit picky errors.
I have another class, with its final, that has to be completed.
I work (on average) 90 hours in a two week pd, 12 hour shifts, plus at least 20 minutes of briefing before the shift, and however long it takes my replacement to reach my post. I'm drained, mentally and physically at the end of my shift.
I'm still fighting with Nate's insurance. I haven't heard from my mother in three days. I have a story in my head, and no time (or energy, or patience) to chase it where it will go.
Right now, all the woo sah in the world is not helping me to de-stress. I feel like screaming. I feel like climbing into bed and staying there for 48 hours straight.
On a happy note....I fully believe I will graduate. I've worked wayyy too hard not to. And when I do; I'm going to Jacksonville, FL and having a nice dinner, going to a bookstore, and where ever else I end up, and having a good time. That day, I won't stress about anything. I've been budgeting for this, and planning this, and no stress is allowed on that day. I'm soooo looking forward to it. You just can't imagine. :)
It's just keeping calm until the final grades are posted. Then I have one monkey off my back, more time for my passion (writing). I already make sure I get plenty of Nate time. But with no school for me, we can go on trips and such, that I really don't have time for now. I want to take him to the zoo, and Wild Adventures, to start with.
Oh, and my job is tedious at times, and tiring, but I love it. Most nights. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment